The Xiaomi Mi Mix without a shadow of a doubt one of the most beautiful Xiaomi smartphones, thanks to the adoption of the bordeless screen that allows you to have a greater visual surface (comparable to a 6 inch) in the size of a classic 5.5-inch smartphone. If you bought this smartphone but don't know how to get root permissions, in this guide I will show you step by step how you can get Xiaomi Mi Mix root permissions.
The procedure described valid only for the Xiaomi Mi Mix, do not use it on other Xiaomi! The site accepts no responsibility for improper use of the information in this guide.
Xiaomi Mi Mix root permissions
In order to get Xiaomi Mi Mix root permissions it is necessary to have a custom recovery installed instead of the official one and to do it you will first need to unlock the bootloader, which prevents system changes.
To unlock the bootload the smartphone via USB to your PC and download the MiFlash Tool program, available for download from the following link.
DOWNLOAD |MiFlash Tool
Look for the MiFlash tool installation folder and open the program in itMiFlashUnlock, necessary for unlocking the bootloader. Accept the warning screen and click on Agree.
Now log in with your Mi account (you can create one here) to start the procedure; Your device is not supported error may be shown, but you can safely ignore it by clicking on the GO button, which will take you to the following page:
LINK | Unlock me
You will find yourself in front of the screen with the text Unlock Your Mi Device, all you have to do is click on Unlock Now to unlock the bootloader.
After the click we will be asked to verify via OTP code, which will arrive on the phone as an SMS. Enter the code provided and wait for feedback from the site.
As soon as you have confirmed the unlocking of the bootloader, open MyFlash Tool and finally click on Unlock to unlock the device.
Custom recovery installation
Now that the bootloader is unlocked, you can install custom recovery for root permissions. The best of course is the TWRP, which you can install on the Xiaomi Mi Mix by following the steps described in this part of the guide.
Before continuing install ADB and Fastboot quickly on your PC using the following guide.
Once these two tools are installed you can follow the rest of the guide as described below:
- Enable the Developer options from the Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone. To do this, go inSettings> Phone Info and you tap up many timesBuild Number until you see the writing Developer options enabled
- Skills USB Debugging, entry that you can find in Settings> Additional settings -> Developer options
- Download the specific TWRP for this smartphone from here
- Rename the TWRP file you downloaded into recovery.imgand place it in a folder of your choice
- Turn off your smartphone and start it in Download Mode by pressing the Volume Up and Power button at the same time
- Connect your smartphone via USB cable to your PC
- Open the command prompt on Windows by pressing Shift + right-click inside the folder where you want the file recovery.img
Now all you have to do is type the following command to start in bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
When the smartphone restarts type the following command to install the TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Mix.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
At the end you will have the TWRP, you can turn off the device.
After all these steps you are finally ready to get Xiaomi Mi Mix root permissions. Make sure your smartphone is charged and follow the steps described below:
- Download the specific SuperSU file from here
- Move the ZIP file you just downloaded to your smartphone's internal memory
- Turn off your smartphone
- Now press the Volume Down + Power Key buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, so as to enter the TWRP recovery
- In recovery click on install, search and select the .zip SuperSU file and confirm with a Swipe
Following all the steps to the letter, you will finally have Xiaomi Mi Mix root permissions enabled.
Do you want to make a complete backup via TWRP and ADB? Find out how to do it in the following guide.
Not sure how to save photos and videos automatically on Xiaomi to avoid losing them? Find out how to do it in the guide below.
The MIUI 9 the new official Xiaomi ROM. Find out how to get it on all supported devices, just read the following guide.