For PC users, using a joystick is not an easy task, as both the mouse and the keyboard do a good job, however, all those who are used to playing with game consoles, it is always advisable to have an updated controller. Not in terms of hardware, but in terms of software. Sometimes it is necessary to update the Xbox One Controller software to make sure it is compatible with all the hardware you are using.
The update and installation process is not so difficult, however, we suggest, if you do not use the audio adapter, not to update the console controller, otherwise you need to update it. If you don't know how to update the Xbox One Controller, in this guide we will show you how to do it in these simple steps.
- Xbox One console
- IXbox One Headset Adapter
- Xbox One Controller
- Micro USB cable, which comes with the Xbox
- Active Internet connection
How to update the Xbox One controller:
- Turn on the Xbox One and connect to Xbox LIVE, just to make sure the device is ready to accept updates.
- To insert the stereo headphone adapterat the bottom of the controller, and also connect the headphones, otherwise the adapter will not turn on.
- Connect the largest end of the cableUSB to the console, the cable must be the one that comes with the console, otherwise, the installation process may be slow.
- Also, connectthe smallest end of the cableUSB to the Xbox controller.
- Now the automatic update process will start, follow the instructions displayed on the screen and do not disconnect the cable.
- If the update does not start automatically, press the Menu key and Go to Settings> System> Controller Update and select Continue.
- Once the update is complete, disconnect the USB cable, if you want to update another controller, connect them one at a time until all are updated.
- Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on. Now the updated controller can use the Xbox One stereo headphone adapter.