Minecraft is a multiplayer sandbox game that is very popular among players around the world because it allows you to go beyond your imagination and be as creative as possible. In this game you build everything you want with blocks. You can create cities, castles, countries, kingdoms, etc. Everything is possible in the world of Minecraft. However, some players did not settle for the unlimited amount of material available in the Minecraft world, so they went ahead and created different mods to further expand the world of Minecraft and add extra functionality to the overall gameplay. There are countless different mods out there for Minecraft, but almost all of them can be installed easily depending on the version of your Minecraft game.
There is no easy way to install a mod for Minecraft because there are several Minecraft mods so there are many different ways of installation for each different mod. However, you can still install many different mods using simple installation methods that we have mentioned below.
Note: before going any further and installing any mod on your Minecraft game, make sure you back up all the worlds you've already saved on your game. If something ever goes wrong with your installation, you will still have a working backup of the entire game saved on your hard drive.
Method 1: the easiest way to install the mod
The first method involves using the Minecraft Forge software. This is a simple mod for Minecraft, however, instead of completely modifying the game, this allows you to easily install different mods for Minecraft using the Forge software. You will need some compatible Forge mods to install for your game. Follow the method below to install Minecraft Forge on your computer.
- Go to the official Minecraft Forge website.
- Download the specific version for your specific version of Minecraft.
- Get the recommended version of Minecraft Forge to be on the safe side.
- Now find the downloaded file and install the client on your computer.
To check if Minecraft Forge has been installed correctly, launch Minecraft and search the drop-down profile menu. You should now have a new "Forge" profile in the list, which means that Forge has been successfully installed on your computer and detected by your Minecraft game.
Now, to install mods on your Minecraft game using forge, you need to download some mods compatible with the Forge software. You can find the mods on Google, be sure to read the official website of the developers of the mod to find out if the mod is compatible with Forge or not. Once the mod is downloaded, find the downloaded zip file of the mode copy paste in the folder Mods available in the folder / minecraft created by the Forge software.
Start Minecraft and you will find the mods installed in the Mods menu section. You can select your favorite mod and start playing your favorite game with the best mods installed.
Method 2: the most difficult way to install the mod
This is more a direct approach to mod installation for Minecraft, which is why it is a bit complex compared to the previous method. There is always the possibility of damaging your saved worlds when using the direct method, so it is always better to backup all your files before performing any function related to your game.
1. First of all, locate the Minecraft folder where all the important files are stored. can find it in C: Users Username AppData Roaming Minecraft. Once you have located this folder, make sure you find an archive file named minecraft.jar. This is the file that needs to be modified to make your mods work.
2. Now download the mod you want to install on Minecraft. Also, make sure you have a storage utility installed on your computer (7zip or WinZip or recommended). An archive utility is needed to decompress the minecraft.jar archive file.
3. Unarchive the archive minecraft.jar and extract all the files. Now install the mod. The installation instructions vary according to each mod, but mainly involve the cancellation of the archiving of the mod archive and the movement of all the content in the minecraft.jar file.
4. Before you can launch Minecraft and enjoy your mods. You have to get rid of the folder META-INF . This folder is also located in the same directory as Minecraft. Just delete it. You have to delete it because it prevents Minecraft from running any mod. So if you want to run any mod on Minecraft, you will have to remove this folder forever.
5. Start Minecraft. If you have followed each step carefully, then Minecraft should start and the mod will automatically start working together with Minecraft. Now you can enjoy your modded Minecraft.
Where to find Minecraft's mods?
There are countless mods available for Minecraft. So always make sure you find the compatible mod for your version of Minecraft. There are some mods developed by unknown developers, so you should always stay away from such mods because they can damage the entire game and saved files. Always download mods from trusted developers. You can find many different mods in the official Minecraft forums. Another great place to find the Minecraft mods the top list of Minemum. Planet Minecraft has some of the latest news about Minecraft and also offers many incredible game mods. Always make sure to read the entire Mod documentation before downloading the mods, this can save you from any subsequent problems during the game.
You can use one of the methods mentioned above to install Modec Minecraft on your computer. If you have any other better way to install Minecraft mods, feel free to post them in the comments section below.