By default, the Asus Zenfone mobile phone bootloader is blocked. If you want to modify your Asus Zenfone, you need to unlock the bootloader and only then can you get root permissions or install modified ROMs. Asus Zenfone users have a chance to unlock the phone bootloader, but they must take the risk of this procedure on their shoulders. Once you choose to unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader, the company says goodbye to the official warranty and after unlocking it is not possible to request official assistance from Asus on any matter relating to your Zenfone. These concerns have no importance for Android fans who have decided to exploit the real potential of their device. If you are one of these users, then you can continue reading to see how to unlock the Asus Zenfone Bootloader.
Before deciding to unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader, it is very important to understand what exactly you intend to do. The phone's bootloader allows you to upload the firmware to the phone and responsible for controlling the phone if it has been modified or in its original form. Unblocking the Bootloader, on the other hand, allows you to upload unprotected services to your phone. Companies do not send phones with the unlocked bootloader just to ensure the security of the operating system on smartphones. By unlocking your phone's bootloader, you agree to allow the installation of custom ROMs, custom recovery and everything that involves changing your phone.
While there are some disadvantages to unlocking the bootloader, we also have the positive aspects. If you are an Android expert, unblocking the bootloader will not be a big problem for you. As long as you know that the files you're flashing on your phone aren't violating your security, don't worry. There is a long list of applications that can add new features or improve the phone's operating system, adding new elements and functionality. These applications require above all access to the root to make changes to the system. To get the root permissions of the phone, the bootloader must be unlocked. In short, to unlock all the hidden power of the phone, you have to say goodbye to the set block of the bootloader.
Assuming that Asus Zenfone users have complete knowledge of bootloader unlocking, we can continue reading this guide.
How to unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader
Unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader very simple. Unlike other smartphone manufacturers, Asus has its own application for every smartphone model. All you need to do is download the Bootloader Unlock application for your Zenfone and then accept the terms and conditions of Asus. Once you have done this, you are free to break the locks. With this guide you can unlock the bootloader of phones like Asus Zenfone 2, Zenfone 3, Zenfone 4, Zenfone 5, Zenfone Delux, Zenfone AR, Zenfone Laser and more.
Download Asus Zenfone "Unlock boot loader " on your phone
- Go to the Asus product support page.
- Scroll down and select the product by clicking on "Telephones". Now select the exact series of your phone with the model number.
- Now on the right side, click on "Drivers and Utilities".
- A new page will open asking you to select your operating system.
- Select Android as an operating system.
- Now you can see a list of files for download. Search for"Unlock boot loader " for your phone. If not shown on the first screen, click "Expand all"To find it.
- Now download Unlock boot loader(UnLock_ ………… .._ platform_rel.zip) on the computer by clicking on "Download?And unzip it to get the APK file (UnLock_ ……… ._platform_rel.apk).
- Connect your phone to your computer and copy the decompressed APK file to your Asus Zenfone.
- Download carefully Unlock boot loader for your phone. Don't download a wrong tool as it could damage your phone.
- Backup your phone. Unblocking the bootloader will erase all data.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging mode on your Asus Zenfone.
- You're doing everything at your own risk. In the event of accidents, we cannot be held responsible.
Unlock the Asus Zenfone bootloader
- On your Asus Zenfone, go in Settings> Security> Phone administrator> Unknown sources> Click on the option to activate unknown sources.
- Now, use a file manager and find where the file was copiedUnlock boot loader (UnLock_ ……… ._platform_rel.apk).
- Click on the APK file of Unlock boot loader to install it.
- Once done, open UnlockTool.
- Read the license agreement for the end user of Asus and accept it if you are sure you want to unlock it.
- Now wait, let the application complete the process. After rebooting, your phone's bootloader will be unlocked. all.