In this guide you will be shown how to perform the Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 on iPhone and iPad. Like all the most modern unlocking tools, there is also a semi-untethered Jailbreak for iOS 11. This means that you have to activate the Jailbreak every time you restart your smartphone. Not a complex procedure and in this article I will show you how to do it with a step-by-step guide.
The Jailbreak for iOS 11 has been made possible thanks to research by Ian Beefer of the team Project Zero from Google. The Google researcher identified some security flaws in iOS 11 and published the results of his research. Following this publication, developer Jonathan Levin managed to reproduce the security problems, using them to create the first iOS 11 Jailbreak tool. Before proceeding with the guide, there are some points that need to be clarified.
Perform Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 on iPhone and iPad
Before proceeding with the execution of the Jailbreak, read the following carefully.
- All models of iPhones and iPads that have installed an iOS version between iOS 11.0 and iOS 11.1.2 are supported. The new iPhone X and iPhone 8 are included.
- need a Windows PC or a Mac.
- The latest version of iTunes must be installed on the PC.
- Currently Cydia is not installed at the end of the Jailbreak process. Cydia and Cydia Substrate are not fully compatible with iOS 11. We need to wait until Saurik, the Cydia developer, updates the well-known alternative store.
- Not all Cydia tweaks are compatible with iOS 11.
- The new Jailbreak for iOS 11 still unstable. For this reason you may experience slowdowns or crashes while using your device.
Below is a list of all the tools needed to perform the Jailbreak of iOS 11.
- Download the tool LiberiOS from the official website by clicking on the writing The IPA – Link download
- Download the Cydia Impactor tool compatible with your PC – Download Link
If you have read the pre-requisites carefully and have downloaded all the data, you can proceed with the guide.
- Connect your updated iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 to your PC or Mac using the Lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes and make a full backup of the device. This step is not mandatory but I recommend making a backup copy to avoid losing sensitive data should something go wrong.
- Now start the tool Cydia Impactor downloaded previously.
- Drag the file Liberios.ipa inside Cydia Impactor.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID account's email.
- After confirming, you will also need to enter the password for your Apple ID account.
NOTE: if you have the two-factor verification active on your account, you will need to generate a temporary password from the appleid.apple.com site under the heading Safety -> APP SPECIFIC PASSWORDS -> Generate password and use this in the field where the password is requested in Cydia Impactor.
- After confirming, the installation process will start. At the end, go in Settings -> General -> Device management. Click on the item on the page and then on authorize.
- Back in the home screen, start the tool LiberiOS.
- Click on the button Do it to start the Jailbreak process.
- Wait for the entire process to finish.
This all. You have completed the iOS 11 Jailbreak procedure on your iPhone or iPad. As mentioned above, when you restart the device you will have to reactivate the Jailbreak. To do this, just start the app LiberiOS and click on the button Do it. After 7 days from the installation of the tool, the app will not start (it will close automatically when you try to start it). If you encounter this problem, you will need to connect the iOS device to the PC or Mac again and perform the entire procedure presented in this guide again.