If you bought a Android TV box with Rockchip processor, as you know, you can update it to new firmware versions that are made available by the manufacturer, to make improvements to the system. So, you too can find yourself in the position of having to install Box TV firmware because a new version has been released by the manufacturer. it is always advisable to update to the latest version of a firmware, because updates always make some improvements to the device and can also correct annoying bugs.
- A PC with Windows installed.
- The firmware with extension .img compatible with your TV Box. If you don't know where to look for it, I suggest you check the manufacturer's official website.
- The tool Factory Tool v1.39 which you can download from this link.
- The generic drivers for Rockchip TV Boxes that you can download from this link.
- A USB-USB cable to connect your TV Box with Rockchip processor to the PC.
- Before proceeding, I advise you to backup the data present on the TV Box, as at the end of the procedure the device will be formatted with the loss of all the contents.
Install Box TV firmware with Rockchip processor
- Extract the contents of the archive DriverAssitant_v4.3downloaded at point 4. and install the drivers on your PC.
- Extract the contents of the archive FactoryTool_v1.39 downloaded at point 3.
- Open the folder FactoryTool_v1.39 and start the tool FactoryTool.exe.
- Disconnect any cable from your TV Box. There is a hole on the bottom of the device. Take a pin, insert it into the hole and hold down the button that is inside this hole. Then connect the device to the PC using the USB-USB cable (the power cable must not be connected).
Note: hold the button inside the hole for the duration of the procedure.
- When you are installing the drivers, you need to be a little patient and wait for their completion.
- When the tool recognizes the TV Box, on the screen of the program one of the boxes of the doors will change color, going from red to blue and next to it will appear the writing "Loader".
- Now press the button at the top left and, in the screen that opens, look for and select the firmware you need to install (the firmware must have extension .img).
- After loading, press the second button from the left to start the installation. When a green box appears on the right, you can disconnect the TV Box from your PC and connect it to your home TV to check if the procedure was successful.
The first start after the installation of a new firmware can take a few minutes. Now all you have to do is complete the configuration and start using all the new versions of the Android TV Box with Rockchip processor. This procedure to install Box TV firmware, you can also use it with the TV Box NexBox Z68of which you can read our review.
If you encounter problems or need clarifications, you can do so by writing a comment at the end of this article.