Google has announced a lot of new features for its products at the Google I / O 2018 conference and some of these have already been made public. One of these features is the new Smart Compose feature for Gmail that offers users smart tips as they type their emails. However, the function is still in its experimental phase and, consequently, cannot be accessed by default. In this article, we will change this as we show you how to enable the Smart Compose feature in Gmail right now:
Enable Smart Compose in Gmail
Note : I tried the new Smart Compose function both on a Gmail.com account and on a GSuite account and works perfectly on both.
- The first step be sure to use the new version of Gmail. If you are not, consult our detailed article on how to enable it.
- Now that you've made sure to use the new Gmail, click the Settings icon and then "Settings" .
3. Here, in the "General" section, search for the option "Experimental Access" and enable it by clicking on the checkbox.
3. Now scroll down to the end of the page and Click "Save Changes" .
4. This all. Now Google will provide you with suggestions to automatically complete sentences as you type them. You can see the function that works in the images below.
Enjoy the new Smart Compose feature on Gmail
While the Smart Compose function is still in the experimental phase, I was rather surprised that it worked well. Yes, the suggestions are not always online, however, I can see this feature becoming a fantastic tool for users who have to handle a lot of e-mails every day. Let us know how you feel about the new Smart Compose feature by writing in the comments section below.