The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are the best smartphones Samsung has ever created. They feature a beautiful 5.8 "(6.2") Super AMOLED Infinity display with minimal frame, 4GB of RAM, Android Nougat, water resistance, wireless charging, Bixby, latest Snapdragon and Exynos processors and a huge 3000 (3500) mAh battery. All these features may not be enough to have a custom device. If you want something more, in this guide we will see how to get the permissions of root Galaxy S8 with Magisk, a very simple method to unlock your Samsung device.
The Exynos variants of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus can now get root permissions. Since the phone received TWRP support, developers have updated Magisk to also support Samsung's flagship phones.
How to execute root permissions for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Exynos with Magisk
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a very simple way to get root permissions on Android phones. All you need to do, install a .zip file and the game done. Magisk changes the phone's boot image and adds the files to / data and / cache. It comes with a universal Systemless interface, which offers full phone control. This tool allows you to get root permissions in a way Systemless, ie without changing the partition / system of the Android smartphone. This is becoming one of the most popular methods to unlock the Android phone and now you can use it to run the Galaxy S8 root with Magisk.
Supported Galaxy S8 models
According to "jesec", these are the variations you can currently unlock. If you see the model number of your phone below, then you can proceed with the guide. If you do not see it, do not proceed further, as you may irreversibly damage your phone.
Samsung Galaxy S8 – (G950F / FD / X / N)Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus – (G955F / FD / X / N)
- Install TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Help)
- Magisk Root Tool for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus (Download)
- Disable dm-verity for optional encryption (no-verity-opt-encrypt-3.1.zip)
- Download Uninstaller for Magisk
Procedure for obtaining Galaxy S8 root permissions with Magisk
What we will see is the simplest procedure to get the Galaxy S8 root permissions with Magisk. Just follow this brief procedure.
- Download the "dm-verity" files and Magisk and move them to your phone.
- Turn the phone off. Press the Volume Up, Bixby and power button at the same time. This will restart the phone in recovery mode.
- Now, in recovery selectinstall -> Install zipand select the "dm-verity" file. Swipe left to flash it. This procedure will make the encryption optional.
- At the end of the operation select Reboot -> Reboot System Nowto turn off the phone and restart it in recovery mode.
- This time select and install the Magisk.zip file.
- Restart your phone.
- Wait for the operating system to start and then install Magisk Manager 5.5.1 from the XDA site. With this tool you can check if the phone has successfully obtained root permissions.
Now you can enjoy your newly rooted Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. If something goes wrong or the phone goes into a bootloop, restart TWRP recovery again and install the uninstall ZIP file Uninstaller for Magisk.
It is also useful to read this guide on how to obtain root permissions with Magisk.
Alternatively, you can also read this guide where you can find out how to get root permissions on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus with CF Auto Root.