Do you have an Apple TV 4 and want to try the new tvOS 11? You will be happy then to know that Apple has recently released the Beta 2 of the new version of its operating system. Here's how to download and install it on your Apple TV!
How to download tvOS 11 Beta and install it directly on Apple TV
It still takes time before Apple officially releases the new update to tvOS 11. Fortunately, for before the arrival, the Colossus of Cupertino has decided to give the opportunity to all users – and not only to the developers – to try in preview all the new features of the new operating system. If you are interested in trying out the public tvOS 11 Beta, you will just need to follow this simple guide.
Register your Apple ID as a public beta tester
First of all it is necessary to register as a public beta tester, following these simple steps:
- Let's go subeta.apple.com
- Click onsubscribe
- We enter our e-mail address and passwordApple ID
- Click onLog in
- We accept the terms and conditions of the program.
Register your Apple TV
Once our Apple ID is registered as a public Beta Tester, you will also need to register our Apple TV 4. Here's how:
- Let's go onSettingsof Apple TV.
- Click onAccount and then oniCloud,iTunes and App Store
- We log in using the same email address and password as the Apple ID used to register for the beta program
- Let's go back with the Menu button on the Siri Remote, to the Settings start page. At this point, let's go upSystem
- Click onSoftware updates
- We activate the voiceUpdate Beta Public Updates
- We selectUpdate public beta
- We accept the terms and conditions
How to install tvOS 11 Beta directly on your Apple TV
Good. After recording both your Apple ID and Apple TV, you can download the Public Beta of the new tvOS 11 directly from your Apple TV 4, following the instructions below:
- Let's go into theSettingsof Apple TV
- Let's go upSystem come onSoftware updates
- select Update software and then click on itDownload and install