Smartphone security has become a very important issue over the last few years. This topic heard by many, a how much on your mobile device are stored photos, videos, documents, bank data and a lot of sensitive data. Today, most people enter a code to make their smartphone inaccessible to indiscreet people. You may forget your phone's unlock code. What to do in this situation to unlock iPhone?
Don't despair. In this article I want to show you some methods that will allow you to take full possession of your iPhone, even if you have forgotten the unlock code. Before proceeding well, be aware of what you are doing. Apple cares about the security and privacy of its customers. Therefore it is not possible to bypass the unlock code of the phone by accessing all the data contained in it. The methods that I will show you lead to the formatting of the entire iPhone, leading to the elimination of all the data contained in them. If you are lucky and have activated automatic iCloud backup in the past, at the end of the procedure you can restore all your data. If you are ready we can start.
Unlock iPhone if you have forgotten unlock code
First method: iTunes
The first method involves using iTunes via your Windows or Mac PC. MacOS owners can find iTunes already installed on their Mac. On Windows, instead, if you haven't done so already, you can download it via this link.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac using the Lightning cable and start iTunes.
- Now restart the device in DFU mode. This procedure differs depending on the iPhone model you have:
- if you have an iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, press and quickly release the Volume key, then the Volume key gi. Then hold down the side button Power until you see the screen with the word Connect to iTunes.
- if you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, hold down the side key and the Volume key at the same time. Continue to hold them down until you see the screen Connect to iTunes.
- if you have an iPhone 6s or earlier, hold down the Home button and the power button at the same time until you see the screen Connect to iTunes.
- After entering DFU mode, iTunes will show you a screen asking you what action you want to take. Select Restore and wait for the procedure to finish.
At this point you have to wait for iTunes to download the iPhone firmware, format the device and install the latest version of the operating system. All these operations will be performed automatically by iTunes. At the end of the procedure you will need to configure the iPhone as if it were a new device. If you had previously activated Find my iPhone, you will be prompted for your iCloud account password.
Second method: dr.fone – Unlock
Many say (and I am one of them) that iTunes is a bit complex software to use. Therefore, when possible, I do not recommend its use, promoting alternative methods. The tool comes to our aid dr.fone – Unlock to solve the problem of unlocking the iPhone without unlock code. This tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac PCs. Here's how to proceed.
- Starts dr.fone – Unlock and select the button Unlock.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac using the Lightning cable.
- Wait for the PC to recognize the device, then select the button Start to start the procedure.
- You will be asked to enter DFU mode. On-screen instructions will show you the entire procedure.
- After performing this procedure, dr.fone – Unlock will show you information about your iPhone. If they are correct, proceed by selecting the button Download.
- You have to wait a few minutes for the firmware to download. At the end of the procedure a message will inform you that the iPhone will be formatted. Enter the code indicated in the message and click on Unlock to start the unlocking phase.
At the end of the procedure the iPhone will be unlocked and restored. Starting it you will have to run the configuration phase again. dr.fone – Unlock a simple tool to unlock your iPhone after forgetting the unlock code. All without having to use iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Were you able to recover your iPhone blocked by an unlock code? Which of the two methods did you use? Let us know through the comments in this article.