Windows 10 has all the potential to be a great operating system. But on less powerful PCs and Tablets it may be slightly fluid. Precisely for this reason we have decided to show you some tricks that allow you to speed up your PC with Windows 10 quickly and easily. If you have slow PC, read on to find out the tricks that will help you make your PC fast.
Speed ??up your PC with Windows 10 by following these simple and quick tricks
Microsoft has made enormous strides in recent years, greatly improving its operating system. The latest version of Windows 10 is faster, smoother, safer and more reliable, but on some machines with less powerful hardware it may not be able to show its full potential. Fortunately, with these simple tricks you can further improve performance and speed up your PC with Windows 10.
Turn off visual effects
By disabling the visual effects and the animations activated by default on Windows 10 you will be able to improve the general fluidity of the operating system. To do this, all you have to do is follow these steps.
- Go to Advanced system settings(type in the search box Advanced system settings);
- in the tab advanced,select the itemSettingspresent in the categoryPerformance;
- Go to the tab Visual effects, selectCustomize and uncheck the following items:
- Animate windows when they are enlarged or minimized
- Open boxes combined with sliding effect
- Window controls and animated elements
- Show window shading
- Use shading for desktop icon labels
Turn off animations
Just like visual effects, animations also affect the fluidity of the operating system. Of course, you can also disable these quickly and easily with the following steps.
- Go toControl panel ( search forControl panel in the search box)
- Choose the itemOptimize display present in the category accessibility.
- Check the itemDisable all unnecessary animations (if possible).
Disable startup services
Another element that could slow down Windows 10 are the services, both of the same operating system and of the programs installed, which start automatically when they start. You can disable them by following these steps.
- Go toSystem configuration (typeSystem configurationin the search box, or, alternatively msconfig);
- Go to the tab Services and checkHide all Microsoft services, in this way you will not risk disabling fundamental services that could damage the operating system.
- At this point you can safely disable the services of the installed programs that you do not need.
By removing the check from the itemHide all Microsoft servicesthe services of the same operating system will also be displayed again. You can safely disable the following Microsoft services to increase Windows 10 performance.
- AllJoyn router service
- BitLocker unit encryption service
- Cryptography services
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Store Demo Service
- Smart card removal policy
- Remote Desktop Configuration
- Remote Desktop Services
- Hyper-V guest service interface
- Hyper-V Heartbeat Service
- Hyper-V Data Exchange Service
- Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service
- Hyper-V guest shutdown service
- Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service
- Hyper-V virtual machine session service
- Shadow Copy Applicant for Hyper-V Volume
At the end of the operation, click on Apply. PTo make the changes effective you may need to restart your computer.
Turn off Apps in the background
There are apps that receive info, send notifications and remain up to date even when they are not used, operating in the background. Obviously, the more applications run in the background, the slower the performance of the operating system will slow down. therefore, it is important to limit the apps in the background. That's how.
- Go to Settings, selectPrivacy and then go inApp in the background;
- Disable all unnecessary apps.
Disable the automatic startup programs
Finally, to speed up the PC with Windows 10, it is important to disable programmatic programs automatically when Windows starts.
- Go to Activity management(search in the search box Activity managementor prizes simultaneouslyCtrl +alt + Delete and selectActivity management);
- Click on the itemMore details lower left;
- Select the tab Start;
- Disable all the programs you don't need.
If you are experiencing speed problems with your computer, or would like to get the most out of your device, in this guide you will be shown other tricks that can help youspeed up Windows 10.