If you have come here, there may be two reasons: you have just poured your coffee on your laptop, or you think it could happen and you want to be prepared. So rare that various liquids invade the computer keyboard, especially those of laptops that travel with us in many different situations. The results are variable, ranging from short circuit (…)
If you've come here the reasons can be two: you have just poured your coffeeon the laptop, or you think it could happen and you want to be prepared. So rare that various liquids suddenly flood the computer keyboard, especially those of laptops that travel with us in many different situations. The results are variable, ranging from short circuit damage to the motherboard and hard drive depends on how much and what you have paid.
If you can choose better to drink water or green tea while you work, they are the least harmful, especially if the spill contained! T prefer little or no sugar at all. The very sweetened drinks, including honey, and the milk I'm among the most feared from the keyboards!
The problem that, in general, drinks leave residue even if carefully dried, and the larger residue is more, the most effective solution becomes replacing the keyboard rather than cleaning it, as long as the rest of the laptop has survived the unexpected shower.
Call for pessimism for, some tricks can make the difference.In case of "payment", disconnect the computer from the mains immediately is quickly remove the battery. You will greatly reduce possible electrical damage. If the battery is not removable, turn off the handset. Second move: put the computer upside down, so the liquid may not reach the motherboard.
Obviously at this point dried. Since not all have micro-fiber cloths in the desk drawer, a normal clean handkerchief an excellent alternative, even paper ones are better than nothing.
If you love American coffee, and looking at the result, it seems impossible that so much liquid is in a single cup incline the laptop as above to let out as much liquid as possible e try to save the hard disk by disassembling it. Beware of shocks (and the guarantee!) If you were enjoying a nice fruit juice or a glass of milk and honey, the residues are guaranteed. Clean with a lint-free cloth.
At this point the waiting begins! Put your laptop ad dry for at least a day – two better – in a warm (and safe) place. Do not be tempted by the hairdryer, which spread the powder in a warm sticky environment.
The next stage is cleaning, if possible water you can skip it and go back to work. Otherwise you will need an in-depth intervention. You can disassemble it and do it yourself (with all the time and risks involved) or contact a repair service. If you have a low-cost laptop, consider well if the game is worth the candle.
With a completely dry laptop, it is possible to make a first test with a new battery. At startup the operating system works but the rest doesn't? If the keyboard does not work, try connecting one via USB. This way you could at least proceed with the backup.
Obviously there are also tricks to avoid all this anxiety and fatigue! Especially when you use it at home, raise the laptop to a stand raised (even a pile of books or other are fine) and use an external keyboard and mouse. The upper part of the screen should be, approximately, at the level of the eyebrows, while the keyboard at the elbow level.
In addition to protecting it from what you drink, even a healthier way to work, in ergonomic position and without over-straining the neck and eyes.