If you are still using the Samsung Galaxy S3 as your main device, or as a backup phone, you can now try something really unexpected on this smartphone. Yes, I'm talking about the latest Android 7.1 Nougatche software now available for your smartphone in the form of a custom ROM. The ROM is called AICP and promises a stable Android fluid experience for the Samsung Galaxy S3. So, if you want to learn more about the procedure for flasharela ROM, don't hesitate and read this guide, which will help you perform Galaxy S3 update adAndroid 7 Nougat.
Seti you are asking how it is possible that this version of Android firmware can be easily executed on an obsolete device, we remember that we are talking about a custom ROM and it is not the official software. AICP developed by third-party developers and has nothing to do with Samsung or Google. The Android 7.1 Nougat ROM has been customized and optimized to allow a Galaxy S3 update in order to fit perfectly with the performance of this smartphone.
Of course, the Nougat custom ROM equipped with all the latest Android features, but with a modified system that has a different user interface. The AICP software that is installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 should work much better, faster, let alone personalize, optimize using third-party applications.
If you want to upgrade Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1, you should first do a hard reset on the device. Without deleting the data on the Galaxy S3 system, you will not be able to use the AICP firmware. So, as a precaution, first backup and sync data with your Google account, or use other similar services from Google Play or any other source. You should also back up your Nandroiddi all files, in this way you can also save the Android system that is currently installed on your laptop, so that the new Android Nougat platform is not to your liking, you will be able to return problems.
You can install Android 7 Nougat on Galaxy S3 only on an unlocked device with a custom recovery installed. Thus, in our case it is first necessary to obtain root permissions on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and install CWM or TWRP Recovery. The ROM file is provided as a .zip package which must be flashatosolo through a custom recovery. Furthermore, other pre-requisites must be considered before installing Android 7 Nougat on Galaxy S3:
- The firmware package must be downloaded to a computer or notebook. So be sure to use a computer to complete this operation.
- Your Galaxy S3 will need to be connected to your computer. So you also need the USB cable.
- In order to guarantee the connection with the computer, it is necessary to activate the option on the phone USB debugging from "Developer Options".
- To get the developer options go to: "Isettings -> Info on the phone?, From where to repeat 7 times repeatedly on Build Number.
- Attival'opzione USB debugging going inSettings -> Developer Options".
- It is necessary to connect the charger if the battery charge is less than 50%.
- Do not skip the charging process. Otherwise, the smartphone may turn off while you are still trying to flash the Android Nougat firmware – AICP. If this happens, the device may be inbricked (causing various software problems).
How to upgrade Galaxy S3 to Android 7 Nougat
- Start by downloading the software AICP. can get this ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat from this link.
- Also download the compatible package Google Apps. You need to flash Google Apps separately, as it is not included in the firmware package.
- Turn on the Galaxy S3 and then remember to charge the battery if necessary.
- Connect the phone with the computer using the USB cable.
- Find files downloaded to the desktop and then transfer the files from the computer to the device.
- Then remove the USB cable. The computer is no longer necessary.
- Turn off your smartphone. Press and hold the power button for a few moments or press the power button once and select "shutdown".
- Oraentra in recovery mode on your Galaxy S3: hold down the keys simultaneously Power + Volume Up + Homefor a few moments.
- From recoverypulisci all the data and the cache otherwise the new ROM cannot be installed. Then select "wipe data factory reset","wipe cache partition" is "wipe dalvik cache".
- After deleting internal system lostorage, you can resume the flash process. So, using the same recovery options, select "install zip from SD card" followed by "choose zip from SD card".
- Go to where you saved the Android 7.1 Nougat software and install the customized AICP ROM.
- Once done, repeat the last step and install the Google Apps package on your Galaxy S3.
- When everything is complete, return to the main recovery menu. From the select "reboot system now?To restart the device.
After seeing how to upgrade Galaxy S3 to Android 7 Nougat, try out custom ROM features, verify the operation and then let us know your opinion in the comments.
It may be useful to know the process to unlock the Galaxy S3 if you have forgotten your password.