On March 8, International Women's Day, Facebook launched new features, tools and initiatives to pay tribute to the impact and importance that women have on communities.
8 March International Women's Day. Facebook celebrates such an important moment, also because in 2017 it was the most talked about event on FB, a time when the whole community gathered in support of women. To celebrate this event, Facebook has presented new features, tools and initiatives to pay tribute to the impact and importance that women have on communities.
8 March the new Facebook features for the international women's day
- Community Builder Highlight: on 8 March we encourage people to support and celebrate all the significant contributions women around the world make to their communities every day. Here are some stories of women's groups and small businesses.
- Credit Her: on the occasion of International Women's Day 2018, Facebook has created a campaign inspirational, called "Credit Her", which celebrates women of the past and present for their incredible contribution to the communities.
- Ad hoc products on the platform: on March 8, people will see a Facebook message on top of the News Feed inviting them to celebrate those women who inspired their lives. It will be possible to use frames for photos and personalized backgrounds for messages on the bulletin board
- SheMeansBusiness: confirming the commitment to female empowerment with the #SheMeansBusiness program, created by Facebook in 2016, announces the launch of an updated hub and the "Community Finder" tool. This tool will help to connect women in charge of small businesses to communities around the world, to create valuable connections and to provide information to grow their business.
- In Italy, #SheMeansBusiness was launched in November 2017 in collaboration with Fondazione Mondo Digitale with the aim of training 3,500 women across the peninsula on the use of digital tools: to date over 1,200 women in Italy have been trained thanks to #SMB.