A few days ago the imminent arrival of a tool to perform the Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 – iOS 11.2 was announced on Twitter. Coolstar, the group of developers who worked on this project, kept their promises and made the process available to all iPhone and iPad owners.
In this guide I will show you all the steps to perform the Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 – 11.2 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using the Electra tool. Before proceeding, make sure you meet all the requirements listed below.
How to do Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 – 11.2 with Electra
The Electra Jailbreak supports all versions of iOS up to 11.3.1. Specifically, the following versions are supported:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3 and iOS 11.3.1
Currently the latest versions of iOS 11 are not supported. In particular:
All devices on which you can install iOS 11 are compatible with the Electra Jailbreak. No one excluded:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPad Pro 12.9, second generation iPad Pro 12.9, iPad Pro 10.5, Pad Pro 9.7, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, fifth generation iPad, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
Before proceeding make sure you have made a complete backup of the device. You can do it both via iCloud (Settings -> YOUR PROFILE -> iCloud -> iCloud Backup), and through iTunes. In this case I advise you to proceed with the backup through iTunes as, in case of problems, the restoration of data is faster.
Also make sure you have enough battery to prevent the iPhone or iPad from turning off during the installation procedure. For safety, you could connect the device to the power socket for the duration of the procedure.
1) Download the latest version of the toolElectra from the official website of the developers. By accessing the site it is possible to note that there are two versions. If you do not have an Apple developer account, you must download the named versionNon Dev Account.
2) Now download the programCydia Impactor from the developer's site on your PC with Windows, Linux or Mac and install it.
3) StartCydia Impactor and connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your PC / Mac using a Lightning cable. Attention, the cable must be MFi certified in order to function. All original cables are fine. If the first time you connect the device to your PC, be sure to grant authorization to your iOS device when a confirmation popup appears. When Cydia Impactor recognizes your iPhone / iPad, you can proceed with the guide.
4) Drag the file toElectra downloaded at the first point on the toolCydia Impactoras shown in the picture.
5) When asked, enter your email and your Apple ID account password.
CAUTION: if you have 2-factor verification enabled on your Apple account, then you need to create an ad-hoc password in your account settings. To carry out this procedure go to the siteappleid.apple.comand login with your data. In the section dedicated toSafetyselectEdit. Now, under the headingAPP SPECIFIC PASSWORDS,click onGenerate password. You will be asked to enter a password tag. TypeELECTRA. Copy the proposed password and paste it in the window ofCydia Impactorwhen your account password is requested.
6) Cydia Impactor will start installing the Electra tool on your iOS device. Wait for the procedure to finish.
7) When the tool is completely installed on your iPhone or iPad, open theSettingsand go inGeneral ->Profile and click on the entry with your Apple ID email.
8) Click on the buttonauthorize and then, in the popup, select againauthorize.
9) At this point, go back to your device's home page. You will see a new icon with the wordElectra. Start the application and click on the buttonJailbreak. The tool will start to perform Jailbreak operations and restart automatically.
10) At the end of the reboot, you will see the Cydia icon appear on your iPhone or iPad. Congratulations, you correctly executed the iOS 11.3.1 – 11.2 Jailbreak with Electra.
NOTE: If you do not see the Electra icon appear when you restart the device, try the procedure again. In my case, 4 attempts were needed before the operation was successful. To increase the chances of success, deactivate Siri and enable the airplane mode.