If you have created a presentation with Keynote from your Mac or iOS device and you want to make it 100% compatible with PowerPoint, so that it works on both Mac and Windows, then you've come to the right place. In this article, in fact, we'll show you a method to convert a document from Keynote to PowerPoint. If you are curious about how to do it, then go on reading this guide.
How to convert a document from Keynote to PowerPoint
All Mac and iOS devices at the time of purchase are equipped with some Apple applications. Among these, you will also find Keynote, software to create presentations very similar to PowerPoint.
Since this is a completely free application, as well as very easy to use, many Apple users prefer to use Keynote instead of "switching" to Microsoft's PowerPoint. Since this is an exclusive application for Apple devices, there may be some compatibility problems if you want to share your Keynote presentation with a Windows user. In this case you need to convert the document from Keynote to PowerPoint so that you can transform the Keynote presentation file for Windows 10.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to export Keynote to PowerPoint, to the point that it can easily be opened on both Apple and Windows machines.
Given that Keynote is present on both Mac and iOS devices, below you will see how to convert your presentation from either a Mac or an iPhone or iPad.
How to convert Keynote document into a PowerPoint presentation on Mac
If you made your presentation directly on your Mac and want to turn it into a presentation .pptx or .ppt (and therefore compatible with PowerPoint) all you have to do is follow these simple instructions:
- After creating your presentation on Mac with Keynote, open it with the Apple program and go up File> Export as> PowerPoint …
- In the window that appears on the screen you can click on the item "Advanced options" and choose between the formats .pptx (compatible with the latest versions of PowerPoint) or .ppt (compatible with older versions of PowerPoint). After selecting the format, press the button Come on.
- Enter the document name and select the location where you want to save it, then click the buttonExport.Once the export process is complete, you can easily share your newly converted presentation with any Windows user.
How to convert a Keynote presentation in PowerPoint on iPhone or iPad
The process described above for Mac practically the same for iOS devices in case you are creating a Keynote presentation on an iPhone or iPad. So if you want to convert your Keynote to PowerPoint document, all you need to do is follow the instructions below:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the presentation with Keynote and tap the icon at the top right of the screen … and select the itemExport.
- Select the formatPowerPoint. Unlike the file conversion process on Mac, iOS does not allow you to choose between .ppt or .pptx formats, so the converted document will only be compatible with the most recent versions of PowerPoint.
- Once the conversion process is complete, you can share it via email or iMessage, or save it in the application File of iOS or any other Cloud service, such as Dropbox.
This all. As you may have noticed, the process of converting Keynote to PowerPoint quickly and easily. Moreover, the procedure is almost identical and also works with all other Apple programs such as, for example, converting a document created with Pages into a Word document.
To strengthen the compatibility between different formats, I suggest you also read this guide to convert a video DVD into the format to be read on iPad.
You may also want to know how to convert Blu-Ray video into MKV format for free on your PC.
If you need to create presentations and you don't have the right tools, you can do them directly online. In this guide we will explain how to do it.