As we know, the shape of the earth is not perfectly spherical because it is slightly flattened both to the north and to the south and to the center of the bulge. Every person curious to know how our land looks in the universe, but there are only a few people who can travel in space and see it live. You can get an idea of ??the appearance of the earth, with a globe. A globe a miniature form of the earth, representing distances, directions, continents, oceans, countries, etc.
A globe is often misunderstood with one map, which schematically represents the earth's surface or part of it, based on the scale. This excerpt of the article presents you the difference between map and globe.
|Sense||A map is a graphical representation of an area, a land or a sea, which represents the physical characteristics.||A globe a rounded spherical model of the earth.|
|Latitude and longitude||Designed as straight lines.||Designed as circles and semicircles.|
|Land||All or part of the land represented.||All the earth represented.|
|Information||Show a large amount of information.||Less information is shown.|
The map involves a schematic representation of an entire area of ??the earth or a part of it, drawn on a flat surface on the basis of stairs. However, it is not possible to exactly flatten the circular shape.
The map is used to highlight the specific and detailed characteristics of a particular area on a sheet of paper, which can be managed and transported easily. Describes how the various things are related to each other in terms of distance, direction and size. A collection of maps known as Atlas, which are available in different sizes and sizes. The various types of maps are:
- Physical map : the type of map that shows the natural attributes of the earth such as the mountain, the plateaus, the oceans, the rivers, etc.
- Political map : the map in which states, cities and cities are represented with their political boundaries called the political map.
- Thematic map : that which focuses on specific information such as roads, precipitation, distribution of industries, etc. defined as thematic maps.
Definition of Globe
A globe a miniature spherical earth shape or any other celestial object like the moon or other planets. It provides a three-dimensional view of the whole world through the representation of distances, directions, areas, etc. It represents continents, oceans and countries in their exact dimensions.
The globes are available in a wide range of sizes and types. Not fixed, instead, it can rotate, just as the earth rotates on its axis and this is because a needle is fixed through it obliquely. The points at the top and bottom of the globe, through which the needle flows, are the two poles of the North Pole and the South Pole. This needle is not present in the real earth.
Key differences between map and globe
The difference between map and globe can be clearly traced for the following reasons:
- A map can be explained and understood as a graphic representation of an area, a land or a sea, depicting physical characteristics. On the contrary, the globe alludes to the spherical model of the earth.
- A map provides a two-dimensional (2-D) presentation of the world or its parts. On the contrary, the globe provides a three-dimensional (3D) presentation of the whole world.
- Latitudes and longitudes are depicted as circles or semicircles. Thus, there are no false representations in the shape and size of the continents. In contrast, latitudes and longitudes are represented as straight lines, and therefore the shape and size of the continent are deformed.
- One of the main advantages of a map that represents the whole or a part of the earth. On the contrary, the globe can represent only the entire earth.
- A map shows the relatively large amount of information with respect to a globe, through the use of symbols.
Both the globe and the maps have their merits and demerits, in the sense that when we speak of precision, the globe represents the directions and distances better than a map. Similarly, maps are a step ahead of the globes with regards to the various advantages. In general, the maps are compact, which makes them easy to store, transport and manage. Also, you can view the map on different screen sizes as well as show a larger area at one time