When we talk about recording calls we immediately think of an illegal action. To some extent this is true, for there are circumstances in which to record a legitimate phone call. Think about when we talk about work between two colleagues and we want to remember the information that is communicated, as long as both are aware of the registration. But there are also many other legitimate reasons why it is useful to use this function, especially on a smartphone. Already in the past we have talked about this topic explaining how to record a phone call on Android in a completely legal way.
How to record calls on Huawei
For those who own a device Huawei exists for a method to record calls much easier and immediate. Thanks to the installation of an interesting Mod released by an XDA member, it allows us to start a recording directly from the Dialer during a phone call. Needless to deny that many times you asked yourself, on some particular occasion, if it was possible to record a call between two friends or two colleagues. If you have a Huawei phone and you don't know how to record a call, read on, you'll see how easy it is recording of a call on this device. Just follow the steps below and you will have the option to record calls on Huawei.
Record calls on Huawei with the Huawei Callrecorder Mod
Recording calls on Huawei could be very useful on several occasions. For example, in the event that you will have to memorize important information obtained via telephone without having to take note in writing. Not always for the operation so immediate and often necessary to use a third-party app. This does not apply to the owners of a Huawei smartphone.
In fact, there is an interesting Mod that allows you to install a custom Dialer that incorporates, among the normal functions, also the option that allows you to start recording the call we are making. Potentially the Mod should work on any device of the Chinese company, but it must be verified with every model. Here is the procedure to install it correctly on your smartphone and record calls on Huawei.
The mod, after downloading it, comes in the form of a zip package that will have to be flashed through a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery. So you need to have this recovery installed on your device. Be careful, because it is necessary to install the version compatible with your Huawei smartphone, otherwise an incompatible version can ruin the device. In this site we have proposed several guides on this topic, for example, if you do not know how to install a recovery, you can read this general guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Android.
Guide to enable call recording on Huawei
- Download the zip package containing the app Huawei Callrecorder from this link;
- we copy the zip package on the memory of our Huawei smartphone;
- turn off the smartphone and restart it in TWRP mode by simultaneously pressing and holding the keys Power + Volume less until the logo appears on the screen;
- when a window appears, we tap on the item "Install";
- select the previously copied package on the device, called Huawei Callrecorder, and we make a swipe to install it;
- restart the smartphone.
Once the device has restarted, our Huawei will be equipped with a new Dialer that will appear every time we want to make a call showing the option on the top left "Record". It is enough to press on it to start recording the call we are making.
The Huawei Callrecorder package should be compatible with any Chinese company smartphone. At the moment it has been tested and is working perfectly on Huawei P10, P10 Plus, P10 Lite and P9. Let us know in the comments on what other smartphones Huawei works!
How to activate call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
If you have a phone instead Huawei Mate 10 is Mate 10 Pro, you can avoid installing a mod, because this function has been provided in the operating system for these phones, you only need to enable it. It is incomprehensible how some companies foresee this function but then do not activate it by default. Probably because they record phone calls in some countries illegal while in others allowed with some precautions. So they decide not to activate it for any country, but we see the procedure to unlock it on these Huawei phones and activate the feature.
If you don't even see the function to record calls on Huawei Mate 10 is Mate 10 Pro we proceed as follows to activate it, without having to install third-party mods or apps.
- The Bootloader on Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro must be unlocked.
- The Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro must have root permissions.
- For safety, make a full backup of the device first.
Procedure to activate call recording on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- First you need to download the file to your phone HwCallRecorder.zip by going to this link: Download | Mirror
- Now you have to copy the folder you previously downloaded to your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro. At the end you will see a folder called HwCallRecorder.
- You have to open a File Explorer at your choice. You could use MiXplorer for free: DownloadMiXplorer
- Open the root File Explorer and grant root access if necessary.
- Now copy the folder HwCallRecorder which you extracted into path / system / app of your Mate 10 main folder.
- Set the appropriate permissions for the folder and subfolders.
- Now you have to go to the app Phone. Click on the icon Menu that you find in the lower right corner of the dialer and select Settings.
- You have to scroll down to search for the option automatic call recording and activate it.
- You will also see the option Auto Registration Settings. Click on it and select All calls or numbers from the list.
- Are you done. Now you can record your calls.
How to listen to phone calls recorded on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
We have seen how to record calls, but to listen to them? This is also very simple. You have to go up Phone app> Touch Menu icon in the lower right corner, now click Call Records and listen to your recordings.