You are having difficulty using some applications that take advantage of theGPSon your Android smartphone or tablet? Do you have slow GPS and does it take too long for the device to detect your position or to report the wrong altitude? Perhaps there is something that does not make up for the GPS on your Android device.
If you are experiencing these problems on your smartphone or tablet Android, here is an easy way to check the GPS status and a quick solution to correct it if there were problems. Attention, this quick correction did not help the problem caused by the GPS antenna of the device not working (hardware problem). If you have a Galaxy S6, you should also read this guide on How to solve GPS problems on Galaxy S6.
How to check and correct slow GPS on Android devices
If your Android smartphone has GPS problems, it's probably because it can't connect to the satellite with greater signal intensity. To solve this problem you can try some methods that we suggest in this guide. Trial and in most cases, you can solve the problem permanently.
Reset the GPS with GPS Status Test & Fix
This app has three main functions that we will see below and we will also see how to run this app.
- GPS status – Raw GPS data: number of satellites, position, altitude, accuracy and speed.
- GPS correction: Restore your GPS status and download assistance data if your GPS does not work.
- Magnet – Get magnetic field readings from your magnetometer. You can use it to calibrate your compass. Sway your phone by drawing an 8 and if the two values ??match, your magnetometer is calibrated.
Now let's see how the app worksGPS Status Test & Fix.
- First, you need to activate the GPS on your device. To do this, go inSettings > Geolocationso make sure there is a check mark onActive. If present the item Inactive, check the box to enable the GPS.
- Download a free app in APK format called "GPS Status Test & Fix". Install the application on the device.
- Once installed, start GPS Status Test & Fix.
- The application will automatically scan for nearby satellites. So all you have to do is wait for the results.
- If your device's GPS has problems, data loading times could be very long. In this case, press the "GPS reset"At the bottom of the app screen and then press"Get Xtra data". To achieve a better result, do not leave the house to allow the device to connect optimally with the satellites.
- Once the application has checked the status of the GPS, the results will be shown immediately.
- To verify that the GPS is working properly, start Google Maps and set the map type "Satellite"Instead of that"road" or "ground".
- Try to evaluate the average time that the device takes to acquire your position.
If the search for your position improved, then it means that the app managed to optimize the GPS setting, otherwise, it means that the internal GPS antenna is not working properly and you will need to contact the service center.
Check with GPS Status & Toolbox
This is an app that has the same functionality as the previous one. In case of problems with the GPS receiver or problems with the sensors (incorrect compass orientation, etc.), GPS Status & Toolbox helps you solve the problem on your Android smartphone. The app can be downloaded from the Play Store at the following link:
DOWNLOAD |GPS Status & Toolbox
GPS Status & Toolbox an app that shows all the GPS data and sensors on your phone. designed to be simple but effective. It helps you see what is happening while the GPS is trying to capture your positions, and can also be used as a simple compass and leveling tool. Measure the speed and acceleration of the phone, the brightness or air pressure (if the phone has the necessary sensors). The program also supports basic navigation functions useful when you are out or in the mountains. The app has four main screens as well as displaying a system notification to show GPS data.
Show sensor and GPS data: position and signal intensity of the satellites, accuracy, speed, acceleration, altitude, orientation, roll, yaw and battery status.Tools included: compass with magnetic and geographical north, level, mark or share your position and retrace it later.Keep the GPS fast: reset or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
By default, the application will show the most important GPS data each time the GPS is activated, even if it is used by other apps. If the notification function is not required, you can deactivate it in Settings / Background behavior / GPS status in Notification. -> Never.
Were you able to solve the problem of slow GPS on your Android smartphone or tablet? If you have any further advice, let us know via the comments at the end of this article. They could be very useful to other readers in your same situation.