After having installed Windows 10 on all our PCs, obviously we work intensively, surfing and downloading anything from the internet. Precisely for this reason, it can happen that the PC is infested with a virus or you download software that compromises the operating system. In these cases, it is not enough just to have the operating system installed on the computer, but it is also strongly advised to always keep a Windows 10 bootable key available.
In this guide I will show you the step by step procedure on how to create a bootable key Windows 10 with the installer to keep and take when needed, when you will need to use it on your computer to install the latest Microsoft operating system.
Create bootable Windows 10 stick
It is appropriatecreate unausb bootablon with Windows 10to use when you need to restart the system that does not start, or to update Windows or perform a clean installation. You probably don't know how to do it and here we propose the necessary steps. To do this, you need the official Microsoft tool available on the official website, with which you cancreate a bootable Windows 10 stickto be used when starting the PC. The indicated procedure will allow, in case the system freezes or has been infected by a virus, the clean installation of the Windows 10 operating system.
How to create Windows 10 bootable USB
- Download the tool Media Creation Windows 10 on the PC: 32 bit version | 64 bit version.
- After the download, start the tool. When asked what operation you want to perform, select Create an installation media for another PC and then click on Come on.
- Select the installation language, Windows 10 edition and which version you want to install, the 32bit or 64bit version and click on Come on.
- Insert a USB stick of at least 4GB into the PC (all data in it will be deleted), select USB flash drive and click on Come on.
- When requested, select the pendrive from the list of the tool, start the download of Windows 10 and wait for the completion of all procedures.
At the end of the procedure, you can use the pendrive to perform a clean installation of the operating system on your computer. To do this you need to connect the USB stick to the PC, start the BIOS and set it to run the pendrive as the main one, on which the Windows 10 installer is present.
Alternatively, in case you need to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 / 8.1, simply insert the pendrive into the PC when it is already on and start the file setup.exe present on the USB stick to start the Windows 10 installer and perform the update.
The steps listed in the guide are enough to create a flash drive that allows Windows 10 to start up on your computer to perform a new installation of Windows 10 after messing up the system, or to upgrade from a previous version of Windows. If in the procedure you encounter problems in the installation, ask for help through the comments.