Huawei's Mate series consisting of several smartphones such as Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Design and Mate 10 Lite. All models have the same design, some hardware features are the same. The Mate 10 the standard variant, Mate 10 Pro the one with a larger display, Porsche Design the smartphone with the Porsche signature and Mate 10 Lite the one with less powerful hardware. In this guide we will see the procedure for unlock bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 and other versions of this smartphone.
How to unlock bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10
All these devices have been successfully unlocked (Bootloader), custom recovery systems have been provided and root permissions have been obtained. If you have one of these versions of the Huawei Mate 10, it's time to unlock their full potential. The unlocking of the Android phone bootloader needed to install a custom recovery, but also interrupt the OTA updates and completely reset your phone. If you are brave enough to take this step, follow the next steps to install a custom recovery, unlock bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10.
Unlocking the Huawei Mate 10 bootloader means you no longer care about your phone's warranty. The Bootloader responsible for checking the security of the system on the phone. If you unlock it, your phone no longer controls the system and you can make any kind of change. The bootloader has the kernel code, which is responsible for starting the phone. This is why smartphone makers keep it locked by default. If you wish to unlock the bootloader, you must accept the terms and conditions provided by the smartphone manufacturer. Android fans who are used to mod procedures already know the risks and advantages of these procedures. If you do it for the first time, it's important to understand the pros and cons.
Without unlocking the bootloader, it is not possible to install a custom recovery, which means that it is not possible to root the phone. If you have already thought of flashing a custom recovery on your phone and getting root permissions, then continue in this guide. TWRP recovery for these devices still in beta, so we'll skip this installation. For now, we will only unlock the bootloader and get root permissions. Here is the complete guide to unlocking bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite and Mate 10 Pro.
Precautions and preparation
- This guide is intended only to unlock the bootloader and root of Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite. Don't try this method on any other device, otherwise you could cause a bricking.
- Make sure the phone battery is 80% charged to avoid power problems during the installation process.
- Back up all your important contacts, call logs, SMS messages and multimedia content to keep them safe. Don't forget to create a backup as this process completely erases your phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the phone in developer options. To do this, go in Settings> About device> click the build number 7 times. You will now have the development options in the settings. You open Developer option> Enable USB debugging. If you have the option "OEM Unlocking", Enable it as well.
- Use the original data cable to establish a connection between the phone and the PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Downloads and installations
- Download and install Huawei USB driver – Download Huawei USB Drivers or Download Hisuite (Driver Included).
- Download and install Minimal ADB & Fastboot drivers. If you don't know how to install the tool, follow this guide.
- Create a Huawei account for your Mate 10 from this link.
How to unlock Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite bootloaders
- Unblocking the bootloader will erase the data on your device. Make sure you've run the backup before continuing.
- Log in and enter the official Huawei website and confirm by accepting the unlock conditions. Enter IMEI number, model number and telephone serial number.
- Confirm and Huawei will send you the bootloader unlock code displayed on a pop-up. Keep it because you will need it later.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC or installed ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Now connect your phone to the PC.
- You open Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe from your desktop. If you don't have this file on your desktop, then go to the Windows drive where the folder is located, for example C drive> Programs> Minimal ADB and Fastboot> Hold the Shift key + Right-click on a empty area with open folder> click on "Open the command window here".
- Now in the window Command enter the following commands one by one.
This command will restart your Nvidia Shield in the bootloader. Once started, issue the following command.
This command will verify the connection of the device with the PC in fastboot mode.
fastboot oem unlock (codice di sblocco)
This command will unlock the bootloader. As soon as you press the button Submit, you will receive a message on your phone asking for confirmation of bootloader unlocking. Use the keys volume up and down to navigate through the options and confirm the unlock.
Now that your phone's bootloader has been unlocked, the Huawei Mate 10 will be completely reset. You will need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking again after the phone has been fully configured. Now you can go to the next section to get the root permissions of your Mate 10.
How to get the Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite root permissions
- Download and unzip FHMate10tool.
- Connect the phone to the computer again.
- Open the Command window of Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe.
- In the Command window enter the following command: adb reboot bootloader
- This command will restart your phone in bootloader mode.
- Now you need to run the file FHMate10Tool.exe.
- On the newly opened screen, you'll find the options for rooting your phone. The first option "Root your Mate 10".
- Type 1 and prizes Submit.
- You will find other instructions on the screen. Now follow the procedure and you will have your phone with root permissions.
- Once the phone has been rooted, it will restart and the USERDATA will be completely erased. SuperSU will be installed on your phone.
Here, now you've seen how unlock bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro is Mate 10 Lite with root permissions. If you have any questions, feel free to release them in the comments section below.