Do you want to remove the pre-installed apps on Huawei phones? Then you're in the right place. We have prepared a step-by-step guide that will allow you to uninstall / remove bloatware and Android applications pre-installed on Huawei and Honor devices without having to obtain root permissions.
How to remove pre-installed apps on Huawei phones
Not all apps pre-installed on the Huawei smartphone are useful. Sometimes you want to remove them from your device, thus improving your phone's performance and freeing up internal storage space. Pre-installed apps that cannot be deleted are called Bloatware. With our guide, EMUI users can easily uninstall, delete or disable pre-installed applications and bloatware that the system normally does not allow to delete. The method to uninstall system apps for Huawei / Honor devices is almost similar to that of any other Android device and does not require root access.
- This procedure for uninstalling system apps is compatible with all Huawei / Honor smartphones. Make sure you don't try it on any other OEM smartphone.
- Make sure you install the drivers ADB and Fastboot on your PC. If you don't know how to do it, read this guide.
- Download and install the latest version of Huawei USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging mode from Phone Settings.
- Although the process is free of data loss, we recommend that you back up all your important data and store it in a safe place.
Find the name of the system application packages
To remove system apps from Huawei and Honor phones, you need to know the exact name of the package of the apps you want to uninstall. Although the ADB command displays the list of packages, it is difficult to find the apps located under the respective packages. To simplify things, you need to download and install a third-party Android app called "App Inspector". This will show the list of all the apps installed on your device. Then you need to select the app you want to uninstall, thus bringing you on the package name. just download the package name and follow the steps below to remove bloatware and apps pre-installed by Huawei / Honor phones.
How to remove pre-installed Bloatware and apps on Huawei / Honor phones
- First, you need to connect the device to the PC using a standard USB cable. Make sure you choose MTP file transfer after connecting the device.
- Go to the ADB installation folder on your computer and launch the Command window. To do this, you need to press Shift + right mouse button anywhere in the folder.
- After opening it, enter the following command to confirm that the device has been detected by the PC.
If you see a serial code on the screen it means that the device has been correctly connected to the PC.
- So you have to write this other command
- To uninstall a package, enter the following command and press Enter.
pm uninstall -k user 0
Make sure to replace <package name> with the actual package name in the previous command.
This all! A success message will be displayed indicating that the app package was successfully removed. Before selecting the package to be removed, always remember not to uninstall system launchers, phone apps or any other similar types of applications that could cause an unusable phone. Should it happen, you need to re-flash the stock firmware to restore all deleted system applications.
List of apps and packages
Refer to the following link for the list of packages classified according to their importance that allow the correct functioning of the EMUI device. This list was compiled by junior member XDA RedSkull23, so all credits go to him.