There are several methods to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and root the LG G7 ThinQ device. Of course, there are also some custom mods and ROMs that you can try. However, if you do not like the custom ROMs you have installed and want to go back to the original operating system, we have the guide for you. If you are looking for this guide, we will now see how to flash the stock firmware on LG G7 ThinQ and then how to re-lock the bootloader.
LG G7 ThinQ equipped with a Snapdragon 845 processor and 6.1-inch LCD display with 3120 x 1440 pixel resolution. The flagship LG released with Android 8.0 Oreo and has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of integrated memory. The double camera on the back equipped with a 16MP Super Wide Angle primary sensor with f / 1.9 aperture and a secondary 16MP sensor but with f / 1.6 aperture. The front of the device has an 8 MP f / 1.9 sensor with an 80 degree lens. The 3000mAh battery that powers the entire configuration.
Flashing the original firmware does not void the smartphone's warranty if not yet lapsed. However, flash the stock firmware on your LG G7 ThinQ with the following method will erase all data on the device. So make sure you back up all important data before proceeding.
- LG G7 ThinQ
- A PC
- LG USB driver (download below)
- ADB and Fastboot (download below)
- Download the LGUP tool from the previous link and install it on your PC.
- Download LGUP_common.rar and extract it, you will receive a file named LGUP_common.dll.
- Move the file LGUP_common.dll in C: Programs (x86) LG Electronics LGUP model common. Manually create folders if they do not exist. The common folder will probably need to be created manually. Placing the file in the right place helps LGUP identify the device.
- Run the LGUP tool by clicking on UPPERCUT_22.214.171.124.exe that you previously downloaded.
- Now you will need to boot your LG phone in Download Mode. To do this, first turn off the phone. Now press and hold the button Volume up. Connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable while holding down the button Volume up. If everything is set up correctly, LGUP will not warn you, otherwise you will be asked to connect your phone. If this happens you will need to check the USB connection and the drivers if they are installed correctly.
- Now that your phone starts in download mode, you will see the firmware update appear in the upper right part of the screen.
- Drag and drop format firmwareKDZ downloaded in the section File Path of LGUP.Re-lock the bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ
- Go to the folder ADB. Generally, you find it in C: / platform-tools / or C: ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu ADB and Fastboot Minimal if you have installed ADB and minimal Fastboot. Once inside the folder, type cmd in the address bar and press Submit. You can also hold down Shift, right-click on an empty space and select Open PowerShell window here.
- Since you have installed the stock firmware again, you will need to enable it again USB Debugging in the Phone settings.
- Once everything is ready, restart the device in bootloader mode with this command:
adb reboot bootloader
To lock the bootloader, use the following command:
fastboot oem lock
Then restart the device with this command:
Done! You have correctly uploaded the stock firmware on LG G7 ThinQ and locked the device bootloader again.