Apple says iMacBook Pro interested parties may see one or more of the following symptoms: video distortion or misalignment on the computer screen, or no video displayed on the screen (or external monitor), even if the computer is turned on, or the computer restarts unexpectedly. The problem has been large and widespread, with a slew of users complaining about Apple's support forum over the past two years. However, it is possible to check directly from Apple Support.
- Take your MacBook Pro to an authorized service center – Apple Store or Apple Service Provider.
- A technician will run a diagnostic test on the MacBook Pro to verify the eligibility.
- Repair times vary based on the availability of parts to be replaced.
- You will be notified when your MacBook Pro is ready for collection.
- Call Apple and request an unbox for free port to send your MacBook Pro in an Apple Repair Center.
- A technician will run a diagnostic test on your MacBook Pro to verify the eligibility.
- The repair process takes about 5-7 days since the MacBook Pro is received at the repair center until it is returned.
- After maintenance, your MacBook Pro will be returned to you by mail.
Regarding the new warranty times, the MacBook Pro models that will be repaired will be covered by a warranty until February 27, 2016, or three years from the date of sale of the MacBook, depending on which period of time the application is longer. You can visit the Apple support website for more information.