Amazon Echo may not be the best speaker you want to have, but if you consider all the other features and benefits of having an Echo, your music starts to sound a little sweeter. In addition to offering several integrated music streaming services – Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and TuneIn – Amazon Echo can also serve as a normal Bluetooth speaker of other devices such as a smartphone.
If you are an Apple Music subscriber, for example, or you have found an audio on YouTube and want to play the songs on your iPhone on Echo's most powerful speakers, you just have to connect Echo and your iPhone via Bluetooth and you're good to go! If you don't know how to use Amazon Echo as an iPhone bluetooth speaker, here's the solution, here you will find the guide that helps you configure it.
How to pair iPhone with Amazon Echo
Given that most of your interactions with Echo require communication with Alexa, it is not surprising that the Bluetooth configuration process requires a small procedure to make it communicate with Amazon's intelligent assistant. Follow this guide to find out how to get iPhone and Amazon Echo paired.
How to activate Bluetooth on Amazon Echo
- Make sure you are within range of your Amazon Echo and say "Alexa, activate Bluetooth".
- Alexa should respond with the phrase "search". This is equivalent to putting a Bluetooth device in pairing mode. If Alexa replies that she cannot find the Bluetooth device, it means that you have not yet associated the two devices.
- If the first time you connect your iPhone with Echo, follow the procedure below.
- Go to Settings on iOS.
- Touch Bluetooth.
- Look at "My devices"If you see Echo, otherwise go below the section"Other devices"And touch the device that includes the name"Echo".
- Alexa will alert you when Echo successfully connects to your iOS device.
Now that you're connected via Bluetooth, you can use Amazon Echo as a Bluetooth speaker. Any audio played on your iOS device can be played on Echo.
How to disconnect your iOS device from Amazon Echo
Log out of Amazon Echo after listening to your very simple music. Follow these steps.
- Make sure you are within range of your Amazon Echo and say "Alexa, turn off Bluetooth".
- You can also say "Alexa, disconnect my phone". Phrases similar to these will work equally.
How to reconnect the iOS device to Amazon Echo
Reconnect your very simple iPhone to Amazon Echo. Follow to find out how.
- Make sure you are within range of your Amazon Echo and say "Alexa, connect my phone".
- If there are several devices associated with Echo, use the device name when giving the command. My phone is called iPhone, so I would say "Alexa, connect my iPhone".
- You can find the name of your device by starting the Settings app on iOS, tapping Bluetooth and looking for the phrase near the top that says "Now visible as"Device name".
Now you should know everything you need to use Amazon Echo as a Bluetooth speaker, so you can listen to your favorite tracks on any streaming service on your iPhone.