The latest beta version of the tool Unc0ver introduced support to jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2. In addition, support was finally introduced to Cydia is Substrate. This means that you can jailbreak your iPhone and immediately start installing your favorite tweaks using the well-known Cydia store. If you don't know how to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad, continue reading this guide.
Guide for iOS 12 jailbreak – iOS 12.1.2 on iPhone and iPad
The procedure to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad version iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 with unc0ver actually quite simple. It is simply a matter of downloading the app onto the device and letting it do its job correctly.
For now, the latest version of unc0ver 3.0.0 beta 29 supports the following devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air
- 6th Jan iPad
Don't worry about the lack of support for A12 devices like iPhone XS and iPhone XR as they will be added soon.
- Make sure no iOS 12 OTA files have been downloaded to your iPhone or iPad. If you have already downloaded an updated version of iOS but have not yet installed it, you can delete it from Settings -> Storage, then proceed with rebooting the device before executing the jailbreak.
- Despite the compatibility of Cydia and Substrate there is, some repositories may not work due to a bug in iOS 12.
- To prevent future iOS 12 OTA updates from being downloaded to your device, you can install the TVOS 12 profile.
- Make sure you create a backup of all important data on the device.
Warning: some of our readers have reported to be facing the cyclical restart problem. Therefore we recommend caution before proceeding.
If your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 12.1.4, you can downgrade it to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 as it is still signed by Apple.
IOS 12 jailbreak guide – iOS 12.1.2 with Unc0ver and Cydia installation
Follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 on your iPhone:
Step 1: Download the latest version of unc0ver beta
- Go to ignition.fun from your iPhone or iPad with iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2. Use the search bar to search unc0ver. Tap the button Get followed by install to download the app and install it on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Trusted Certificates
- Go up Settings-> General -> Device management. Touch the developer's name and trust the certificate. Without this step, you will not be able to launch the jailbreak app on your iPhone.
Step 3: Jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 with unc0ver
- You open Unc0ver, touch the button Jailbreak and wait for the app to do its job. Your iPhone or iPad will be restarted during the process after which you should see the icon Cydia on the home screen.
If the app remains stuck in the passage "Extract Cydia ", You will need to restart your iPhone / iPad and then try to jailbreak again.
You can also check the video below for instructions.
After successfully executing the jailbreak of your iPhone or iPad on iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 you can start installing your favorite tweaks compatible with iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 and personalizing your iPhone.