The Apple TV 4 the new set-top-box presented by the Californian company that, thanks to the integration of the App Store, allows you to install games and have fun with friends and family. If you have decided to buy a game controller third-party MFi certified, you'd like to know how to pair it with your new Apple TV 4. Below I'll show you how to do this in the simplest way possible, so you can immediately start playing with your favorite games.
Connect game controller to the Apple TV 4
- First you need to turn on the game controller. In most cases there is an on / off button. If your controller also includes a Bluetooth pairing button, click on it.
- On your Apple TV 4, go to the remote control Settings -> Remote and Devices -> Bluetooth.
- Wait for the Apple TV 4 to scan for Bluetooth devices nearby, and when your controller appears, click on it to start pairing.
Use iPhone and iPad as an Apple TV 4 game controller
The MFi certified third-party controllers for the Apple TV 4 are universal. This means that you can use them both inside the games but also to move between the menus. If you also own an iPhone or iPad, you will be wondering if you can use them to control your set-tob-box. At the moment Apple does not allow its use to move within the men, for some games you can use an iOS device. To achieve this, you need to start the same game on both Apple TV 4 and iPhone / iPad and, if this possibility had been activated by the developer, the instructions to perform the pairing will appear.
With the previous generation of Apple TV, it was possible to use the app Remote on the iPhone to manage the Apple TV. At the moment the app is not compatible with the new Apple TV, so we hope that in the near future it will be possible to take advantage of this path again.
Problems while trying to add a game controller?
If you are having problems while trying to pair a game controller, here are some tips:
- Make sure the controller is loaded.
- Restart the controller by turning it off and on again.
- Restart the Apple TV.
- If you have previously connected the controller to another device, make sure they are not paired before re-pairing with the Apple TV 4.
These are the simplest ways to pair a game controller with your new Apple TV.
If you are experiencing problems or have suggestions to share, you can do so by writing a comment at the end of this article.