On Android phones there are many new features that allow you to customize your phone without the need for root permissions. These devices have become easier in the procedure to add, create and change custom ringtones. New and different ringtones can be assigned to individual contacts and allow you to customize the phone with differentiated ring tones. Not only that, the procedure for was also simplified change Android ringtone by default.
How to change Android ringtone for single contacts
There are also several possibilities for organizing ringtones. You can assign specific tones to individual work contacts, colleagues, friends, family members, etc. This makes it easier to know the identity of the caller and find out who is calling you without having to pick up the phone.
Moreover, on Android phones there is an option that allows you to assign different notification tones also to text messages. If you are curious to find out how to do it, follow these simple steps and you will find out how to change Android ringtone on all phones, with some minor variation between the various models.
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Go to your phone's dialer app.
- Browse your Contacts and select the one you want to change.
- Find a pen-shaped icon that indicates "Edit". Select it to change the contact.
- Choose the button "Ringtone".
- The pop-up window that appears contains all the available tones. Select the one you want to set as a ringtone for your Contact.
- If the ringtone you are looking for is not in the list, press Add, find the audio file on your device and choose it.
With the help of this method, a person's ringtone is changed. While the other contacts will still have their default ringtone set.
How to set Android phone ringtone
Suppose the default ringtone on your Android phone selected from the general settings is not very welcome and you would like to change it. Or you want more versatility on your phone and a personalized ringtone could help you.
In this case you can set a personalized ringtone, as well as for each individual contact or company, for all your Contacts, excluding those of the single Contacts you have changed from the Phone app.
Follow the steps listed below:
- Turn on your Android phone.
- Now, from the Home, select the Settings icon.
- Go to the "Sounds and vibrations" settings.
- Select "Ringtone".
- Choose to add preset custom ringtones for all contacts or notifications;
- Alternatively, click at the bottom of the Add ringtone button, taking it from a file in the phone. Select the location where the song is stored in the phone.
- Select the required music file and press Ok.
These settings will give your Android phone a personal touch, changing every single tone of your Contacts or changing the general ringtone of all Contacts. The methods we have seen to change the Android ringtone do not need root permissions, so they can be used on all Android phones, with some differences between the various devices.
You can also set an mp3 file as your phone's ringtone. If you don't know how to download a song in mp3 format on your phone, read this guide.